Soft tuning Scram 411

Sbinf74

Developer
Developer
HI
on my Scram 411 (BS6) I intend to increase the power a little, my current recipe, without spending a fortune, would be this:
Camshaft (TEC now HT?!)
Muffler terminal (I purchased a Chinese terminal)
BMC Filter + DIY Filter Cap
ECU map at local dealer

Do you have any advice on this?

I designed and printed this new filter cover.
It is made in two pieces, to be glued, to simplify printing.
The "venturi" also has two hose stops.
If you are interested you can find the STLs HERE

3.jpg

Do you have any advice on this?

you mean beyond the obvious to buy our cam over the TEC? 😁

seriously, I cant speak for the TEC but our cam is the single best tuning option you can buy. You have a Euro5 engine so a upgrade of the displacement would also incur the cost for a ECU, namely the expensive PT4. With the cam you can get away with a much cheaper FuelX Pro and possibly even the stock ECU could handle it (the Himlayan does not do this well but I heard the Scram ECU is mapped a bit richer).
The dealership will not be able to help you with a tuning map. If they do give you a map at all it will be one released by RE and these guys will ONLY fix emission control issues, not power gains.

Reprogramming of the original ECU is a reality and many offer it. the workshop closest to me is also an official dealer. and the reprogramming is done on the dynamometer.

https://royalenfieldromasud.it/officina/

Do you have any idea of the additional customs costs for purchasing the cam?

Reprogramming of the original ECU is a reality and many offer it. the workshop closest to me is also an official dealer. and the reprogramming is done on the dynamometer.

I would very much like to know which computer program and interface cable is used to get to the OEM ECU.
Here in India I could only locate 2 dynos (yes, in the entire subcontinent!) one of which I tried out (the one in Delhi) and the operator was a complete jerk who would read the rpm off the instrument of the bike because his great computer (likely a pre-2000 model) would not allow him to access it directly. In the end his result was torque less than the 411 (for a 477 engine). The other one is in Bangalore which is about 4000km from where we live.
Do you have any idea of the additional customs costs for purchasing the cam?

I have no idea but from another Italian customer who orders repeatedly I know that customs will ask for payment proof - that means you have to have a paypal payment showing the amount I wrote on the CN22 customs declaration. We usually settle for 2 payments, one for customs, the other the remainder. So it is up to you how much I write on the CN22 - but keep it believable. The OEM for example costs here 25 euros. So 50 should be believable.

I am curious, has anybody else heard of tuning via the OEM ECU (I mean outside of Italy where it is apparently possible).
I also wonder why @Sasa never mentioned it. Nor did the guy from Motos Carronas who had to travel all the way to Spain to get his analog ECU enhancement.

I am curious, has anybody else heard of tuning via the OEM ECU (I mean outside of Italy where it is apparently possible).
I also wonder why @Sasa never mentioned it. Nor did the guy from Motos Carronas who had to travel all the way to Spain to get his analog ECU enhancement.
Tuning the stock ECU is a recent development and apparently it's done only on the E5 model, where it seems programming comes from the OBD port.
I contacted a guy who apparently does it , and he claimed he got 33bhp on a himalayan, but when I asked for charts he vanished.
I just found out about enfield roma sud, I was curious if the would lend me the dyno for a session or two...

@Sbinf74 by the way welcome here, I'm from italy too (Rome area), if you have question feel free to ask via PM!

About your setup: I think that is the best way to improve performances without changing too much the nature of the himalayan. There are multiple choices for cam (HT, TEC, Hitchcock stage 2), browse through the forum and you'll find some comparisons. If I may, I would add a decat exhaust pipe to fully take advantage of the cam and improved intake. the muffler alone is not suffient, the cat is too much of a restriction.

I would add a decat exhaust pipe to fully take advantage of the cam and improved intake. the muffler alone is not suffient, the cat is too much of a restriction.
This is interesting - I still have the cat in place and maybe the lackluster performance of my Euro5 (compared to the carby) is rooted in that. This is too much OT here so I started a new thread and I would welcome input there:

Yes it might be!

DimSport is a powerhouse in the matter, well respected and capable!
Can someone with more knowledge than me have a good look at this website and tell me if the "new Genius" for about 700 Euros is all you need to re-program the stock ECU - and is a dyno mandatory or just nice to have? AND most important: can values that have been found to work with this "Genius" device be transferred to another bike?

If they are using this device - that is a whopping 1800 euros. May be worth it for a garage but not an individual.

Dimsport New Genius OBD Remapping​

Regular price Rs. 185,600.00 Sale priceRs. 164,400.00Save Rs. 21,200.00
Tax included.Shipping calculated at checkout.

Last edited:
Apart from the fact that the Roma shop charges 450 Euros (more than double the price of a PT4 in India) they also state:

MAP ABOUT BANCO PROVA​

Preliminary test at the counter with data collection. New mapping of the control unit with small corrections at the customer's request. Final verification test of the new mapping, with subsequent printing of the values before and after the intervention. Service applicable on stock bikes (original) and on motorcycles equipped with exhausts and sports air filter.

so I guess showing up with a 477 OR a HT-b cam or (god forbid) BOTH is out of the picture.

scroll down until you see the Himalayan:

Apart from the fact that the Roma shop charges 450 Euros (more than double the price of a PT4 in India) they also state:

so I guess showing up with a 477 OR a HT-b cam or (god forbid) BOTH is out of the picture.

scroll down until you see the Himalayan:

In Italy it’s illegal to go big bore so they cannot state that clearly, but they would reprogram any configuration!

The genius is a device for workshops (or very crazy individuals) that can work on many different bikes, so for a workshop it’s an investment, but it requires a dyno, otherwise you’re changing values blindly.

The RB maps stem from all the tests @Dool has kindly done on the Dyno and a bit of calculations.

This is interesting - I still have the cat in place and maybe the lackluster performance of my Euro5 (compared to the carby) is rooted in that. This is too much OT here so I started a new thread and I would welcome input there:

Poor choice as the BS6 is even more restrictive than BS4.

You’ve been basically running with a cork in you exhaust since the very beginning!

Delkovik Headers are substantially greater in area than OEM plus do not have a cat, I have modified my headers and taken the restriction away and installed slip on mufflers , it works! I have the charts to prove it :giggle:

I think it defeats the purpose to install a superior muffler to a restricted header pipe but Delkovik are cheaper here.

Back