Tour Spiti - Jispa - Leh / July 2023

Apps ! thats what is all about now, app for everything, even for things you have yet to imagine you need, stinks like 1984 :unsure:

But I'm still interested 2024 :)

1675462115425.png

1675462884034.png

Apps ! thats what is all about now, app for everything, even for things you have yet to imagine you need, stinks like 1984 :unsure:

But I'm still interested 2024 :)
Me too, or 2025 depending on businesses down here. Might even fly over with some friends from the RE club. Problem for me is ti leave off for a month I need to not take vacations for a year and save them up to next one. I'll definiteley ride a Bullet over there :cool:

those are exactly the shit maps google produces. its all wrong. we are not going to Kalpa and then BACK - but continue onwards, however google shit maps does not allow that because it finds the other way round is shorter (which it is - but thats of no concern for us)

in the same way the second map is 100% trash.

go use Kurviger, there you can plan a tour the way YOU want, not the way GOOGLE wants you to.

might and could and maybe is not helping.
2024 may never come
and i'm sure come 2024 there are new and more refined excuses why that isnt the right time

I am doing spiti this year, next year I will be in the south

might and could and maybe is not helping.
2024 may never come
and i'm sure come 2024 there are new and more refined excuses why that isnt the right time

I am doing spiti this year, next year I will be in the south
Next year being 2024, but It may never come šŸ˜

those are exactly the shit maps google produces. its all wrong. we are not going to Kalpa and then BACK - but continue onwards, however google shit maps does not allow that because it finds the other way round is shorter (which it is - but thats of no concern for us)

in the same way the second map is 100% trash.

go use Kurviger, there you can plan a tour the way YOU want, not the way GOOGLE wants you to.
Yeah it gave me an idea of how cool it would be. But you're right, it does not reflect reality.

So it looks like 15th July is the day of departure. Deepak will do the Spiti leg with me and I will do the rest solo as he has other commitments by the end of the month. Have not decided yet which bike to use. BS6 477 or carby 500 are the choices.

Spiti was postponed for early next June because now the rainy season is already in full swing and we do not want to encounter a situation like this with a couple of inexperienced greehorns. Instead we all do the Manali/Leh run with possible extension to Srinagar and Jammu.

I was excited when I saw it was for next June, being July now I had missed it where I could well Make it next year.
Then I saw the Videos ( but didnt watch them!) that water would be Cold, I may change my mind after seeing the whole Video :unsure:

That didnt take Long!,
I dont like that Road, is there another one?

That didnt take Long!,
I dont like that Road, is there another one?
there is only this one road from spiti to manali BUT in June the water will be much less, this was filmed approx. end of July with full rainy season happening. it is extreme. In early June or even the last May week there should be way less water.

Unfortunately my visa ends 7th of June 2024 so I have to find a way to renew it before I go or I go before the visa ends. Decisions, decisions ...

Somebody has been cutting down too many Trees :unsure:
A lot of Timber in that Mud!

Good idea to avoid it ;)
Some things are best seen through a Lense:cool:

Roads have been repaired - superficially - but this is supposed to be an adventure so I guess a few very deep muddy stretches should be OK. I can only hope I am still up to the task. If there is no rain on the horizon tomorrow morning I will take off early. The first 400 or so km should be more or less fine, the heavy destruction was on the last 150km. If worst come to worst I can always turn around and call it a day.

Yesterday there was one last big landslide which did kill a few people - truly crazy shit but in the end it is their own idiocy to built houses where they do without any regard for the environment.

Back