Another Meteor Dyno

sam2019

Administrator
Staff member
Distributor
Developer
477 Owner
This was done to show the effectiveness of a slip on exhaust (negligible) but it is interesting to see the RWHP as being 16.26 only.

meteor dyno.jpg

It would be interesting to see it done with a complete new system.
From what I have seen the header pipe also has a cancerous tumor looking attachment that hides behind the engine, a straight thru pipe needs to be found.

I more and more think the ECUs or Hunter and Meteor are mapped very differently. Although the Meteor has a 500cc engine and a PT V4 (with a none optimized map but still) the 410 Hunter has more grunt than the Meteor. I am in the market for a Hunter ECU/TB combo to test this theory.

I more and more think the ECUs or Hunter and Meteor are mapped very differently. Although the Meteor has a 500cc engine and a PT V4 (with a none optimized map but still) the 410 Hunter has more grunt than the Meteor. I am in the market for a Hunter ECU/TB combo to test this theory.
Simply swap the two TB between the bikes you have and test again.

If the Hunter loses its grunt, you answered your question.

It would be interesting to see it done with a complete new system.
From what I have seen the header pipe also has a cancerous tumor looking attachment that hides behind the engine, a straight thru pipe needs to be found.
After all these tests I'm pretty convinced that a straight dekat pipe is the most effective cost/performance mod of the lot!

Simply swap the two TB between the bikes you have and test again.

If the Hunter loses its grunt, you answered your question.
Obviously - however I was unwilling to chop up the Hunter for that as so far there was no need for it but a double crossover heart transplant might reveal some interesting data. I guess I will ask my mechanic to come on Thursday (tomorrow) and do it.
will reveal result later after test rides (may take a week or so).

After all these tests I'm pretty convinced that a straight dekat pipe is the most effective cost/performance mod of the lot!
I understand the theory behind this BUT when I changed to decat on the 500 Hima BS6 the results where underwhelming. A lot of popping noise but no gain in power than I could readily discern. There might have been some but I could not really feel a difference beyond placebo.

Many times a performance addition is made and full potential not received.
The "popping" noise would be lean running, lean because the gas now flows faster, exactly what it is designed for.
Without the corrections that are mostly always involved with modifying one part of a system the addition can be a liability.
The Bs6 you mention was probably lean in the beginning then leaner still with the gasess flowing faster.

and one more:

Attachments

• meteor dyno.jpg
    meteor dyno.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 28
seems right, torque is flat, I like it, but 50% more would be interesting.

seems right, torque is flat, I like it, but 50% more would be interesting.
Why limit yourself to 50%??? ;)

A 500cc Himalayan is capable of 30+ ft-lb of torque, I see no reason why a properly tuned 500cc new Classic shouldn't be capable of that! :p

I recon, though, we need to tap into the TB/ECU combo...

Back