BS6 - Cutting off ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so the workshop ran out of options as well. I tried the gig with re-connecting the Powertronic albeit it still has the 477 maps made with Sasa's help on it. If anything the engine now runs super rich. However the cut-outs remained the same or even got worse (hard to tell, small sample, but definitely not any better).
The engine light now stays on permanently with "oxygen sensor circuit open" whatever that means. The o2 sensor was exchanged a while ago but maybe a cable is loose or something.

Certainly be worth checking the plug, open circuit is a broken circuit, perhaps a pin in the plug.

We did and to no avail. As mentioned before the rich mix of the PT lead to a engine light and the error msg: mixture too rich ...
I get a brand new BS6 tomorrow to test ride it - to see if it cuts out in case it is a general design flaw.

Well presumably it is not a General thing or they wouldn't be selling, I would say your problem is localized , Altitude , Fuel or a loose connection from being worked on perhaps.
Interesting to find out anyhow.

OK, I have not published this on the HT channel but on my "private" channel to avoid trouble for my trusted RE workshop. I trust those guys who have been very helpful in the past - However, I don't trust RE as company much. Too many shenanigans in the past...

Only 16 times ? so not like always !, it is probably considered acceptable ;)

Only 16 times ? so not like always !, it is probably considered acceptable ;)
These 16 times are also kind of provoked, I mean they where real cut-offs but I could have prevented them by keeping the trottle open a little bit. But I guess thats not the way it should be to have to manage the throttle in a possible complex traffic situation where quick reaction is needed .. and then the engine dies !!!

These 16 times are also kind of provoked, I mean they where real cut-offs but I could have prevented them by keeping the trottle open a little bit. But I guess thats not the way it should be to have to manage the throttle in a possible complex traffic situation where quick reaction is needed .. and then the engine dies !!!
Usually the Rider Dies shortly after and the problem is resolved.

I rode a factory new Hima BS6 with zero km on the counter for an hour and a half and zero cut-outs.

What does this teach us ?
Bs6 is ok when new and/or if you don't take it apart, it should be OK :unsure:

What does this teach us ?
Bs6 is ok when new and/or if you don't take it apart, it should be OK :unsure:
what aspect of apart-taking leads to cut-outs? that is the question ....

also mine is an early BS6 - a year has passed and there may have been invisible and unannounced upgrades and updates of some of the elements

what aspect of apart-taking leads to cut-outs? that is the question ....
The Connections , pins plugs wiring ? something has happened in the process , broken wire in the loom or a connection in a Plug not making contact.

OK, funny development: when you rev up to 3000 (bike on center stand in neutral) and let go the engine will ALWAYS cut off. This is repeatable.
The latest theory is a leaking valve. Head is removed to check and if needed repair.
I will only know the results after I return from Kathmandu in 4 days.

Leaking Valves are normally Diagnosed with a compression test.

Ok I might add a plot twist:

if you haven't done it already check the side stand switch in conjunction with the clutch switch. They work in combination and sometime they tend to act funky. My clutch switch isn't working properly anymore, so I have to pull the clutch to start the bike, even if I am in neutral!

Food for thought...

if you haven't done it already check the side stand switch in conjunction with the clutch switch. They work in combination and sometime they tend to act funky. My clutch switch isn't working properly anymore, so I have to pull the clutch to start the bike, even if I am in neutral!

Food for thought...
at one point we deactivated both switches - with zero results.

Why? But sure, i will do that too.

Food for thought...
This more likely a simple problem than a Complicated one. Diagnostics is harder than pulling things apart and putting them back together ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back