I have placed an order ... (Guerrilla discussion)

sam2019

Administrator
Staff member
Distributor
Developer
477 Owner
I was sitting on the little bro of the Hima 450 and it was kinda a "tight fit". This bike is much more "gainly" compared to the Hima 450. The sitting position is lower, I can reach ground with both feet (not so with the 450 Hima) and honestly, most "upgrades" from the 411 Scram (which is the equivalent to the Guerilla I guess) are useful. The low torque remains a problem but I guess I get used to it.
I have put down 10k (Rupees) but with the caveat if I do not sell the Hunter I wont be buying the Guerilla. So let's see.
The fuel tank sucks with 11 litres. They had to fuck up something I guess. But it looks better than that overblown hulk on the 450 Hima.
If all goes well I'll be doing the south India tour on that bike. If not no biggy, the 500cc Hima is almost as fast and already has 2 years worth of scratches so I wont be too upset if the Indian railway transport adds a few more (as they certainly will).

Last edited:
Black red yellow, German colors. But there is another black-ish design I might like better. let's see. Decision after I return from Leh by the end of the month.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-09-04 at 08.34.45_618e4278.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-09-04 at 08.34.45_618e4278.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 25
  • playa-black-001.png
    playa-black-001.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
Looks better than the Himalayan.
Hows the ride?

I have not ridden it for any length of time. My bike will be delivered by the end of the month. I made a final choice for the red and gold design (not my first choice but somehow I like it!) In the pic is looks grey-ish but in reality its gold.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-09-18 at 16.17.52_fe3c87eb.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-09-18 at 16.17.52_fe3c87eb.jpg
    324.5 KB · Views: 12
Meanwhile I have unfortunately seen more Himalayan 450 in workshops with dis-assembled engines (!!!) mostly around the head/valve train.
I hope I have not invested into a lemon ...

Only 3 colours here and yet to be released. Screenshot_20240918_185836_Chrome.jpg

yeah, there is no reference to this color scheme anywhere yet - but it is for real :-)
My first liquid cooled bike ever, I guess I'll have to read the manual this time :unsure:

So far the reviews I have read all comment on the Vibrations at the handle bars and foot pegs.
Not sure about the handle bars but the foot pegs have rubber? mounts, makes me wonder if this engine is as smooth as it is claimed to be.

Time will tell.

Seems you are in good company!

There are many reasons why motorcycling enthusiasts might be considering a Guerrilla 450 over a Himalayan 450. Primary reason might be the price, as Guerrilla 450 undercuts Himalayan 450 by Rs 46,000 (Ex-sh). Styling and positioning might be a reason too. Owing to its Roadster genre, Guerrilla 450 comes out as a daily machine, while Himalayan looks too focused on touring and off-roading.Sticking with daily machine theory, Guerrilla 450 is 11 kg lighter than Himalayan 450. While that is not a lot of weight-saving, it makes a difference in the long run. The Roadster’s seat height is a more accessible 780 mm, while Himalayan’s goes till 845 mm. Guerrilla is smaller in size with fatter tyres, lending user-friendly dynamics.

Copyright (C) 'RUSH LANE' Read more at... https://www.rushlane.com/royal-enfield-guerrilla-450-beats-himalayan-450-in-sales-12506652.html .

Yep, and the alloy wheels help too

I have ordered the carrier and bash plate of the 450 - both will fit on the Guerilla.*** I am looking into the amount of "Juggard" needed to make the tank fit as well. 11 liter is a bit anemic for my taste although the hump on the Hima tank is ugly it serves the 17 liter purpose.

*** WRONG info from my dealer - both will NOT fit in the Guerrilla. RE sells a bash plate custom made and the carrier for the Guerrilla is unavailable from RE - but available from 2nd sources online. we just modded a Bullet carrier to fit.

Last edited:
Acerbis is releasing a plastic tank for the new Himalayan next year.
21 litres.

So I watched the Video in its entirety, I had to rewind a fair bit as they talk fast!
Take aways are,
Power starts after 3000rpm
Tyre size is a limiting factor
Handling is described as harsh and they say the Himalayan is far better
Tank is small

I watched this using my VPN connected to India so the adds were different to what I get here and quite entertaining although mostly not in English.

Power yes, same in the Hima
Tyre size - remember the Scram? ppl where saying the same thing, until bunch of crazy Aussies kicked ass in Nepal
Handling is harsh??? compared to what? a 150cc Gilera? a 100cc Honda? I found the bike to handle like a charm, even with pillion.
the tank is the big downside. and Acerbis is a pharmacy (a german expression for very expensive)

Maybe harsh for people who are lighter than you and don't have a pillion passenger I believe they were comparing it to the Himalayan
Remember it was you that posted the video, did you watch it?

It was almost 1 hour, I think the reference to tyres was about the limited amount of alternative sizes available for 17 inch wheels.

Back