I have placed an order ... (Guerrilla discussion)

where I imagine the Sherpa engine is close to its limits.
why are you saying that? the Yamaha YZ450F as well as the Kawa KX450 both have over 58HP. should be possible to tune Sherpa up as well, but of course in India thats nonsense.

Has it been determined what the Cylinder is constructed from? I heard it was a Chrome bore which I regard as a throw away.
Making more power from the Sherpa would most likely result in the power shifting higher in the rev range?

Has it been determined what the Cylinder is constructed from? I heard it was a Chrome bore which I regard as a throw away.
from the Meteor engine I know they now use 2 liners - a chrome one inside a cast iron (I guess). When we do the 410 and 500BB kits we replace both.
More power in higher revs would not do anything for me.
I have not driven the Guerilla faster than 80 - still breaking in. I will however do a run on one of our "highways" once I am over 500km to see how it handles top speed.

As we both have learnt, the 411taken to 500cc is a beast, I'm sure there was a good reason for developing the Sherpa engine time will tell.
Presently my 443 is sufficient so I think I should get the Shotgun as well, if it doesn't live up to expectations I will still have a good Himalayan.

I was inquiring about the Shotgun, asked for a test ride. My dealer is usually very accommodating when it comes to test rides (after all I just bought my 6th bike from him) but this time - no. The reason: he only ever got one and nobody wanted it. There seems to be no market for this bike which is somehow placed between Interceptor and Super Meteor, both of which sell well. At least in India.

I found the c type USB connector

Attachments

• IMG20241004164223.jpg
    IMG20241004164223.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
We all need them!
Not because we want them but we have little choice these days.
If you don't have a mobile phone you are a nobody!
1984 was good book and a black and white movie followed which may have been hard to believe but we are there now.
Here in Oz you need an email address and a computer or a "Smart" phone otherwise you are left behind.
The Govt communicates to you via email or an App, the Banks and all utilities also.
Great until you lose your phone or your email account gets suspended/blocked then you rely on a phone of some sort to attempt to make contact with said entities to prove who you are so as to get back "online".
How did we ever survive before?

ah well, my only objection would be: if they had used the old USB type I would have had a plethora of cables that fit, now I have to purchase a c-to-c type on top of it.

My new Samsung phone only came with a c to c cable, no charger!
You will use C or else!

It is seems odd that both the Super Meteor and Shotgun have their old style USB connection mounted inside the side cover.
Not very convenient or am I missing something?
Of course my Himalayans did not come with either style fitted, perhaps they are "Old School".

Its not all dandy in the land of electronic displays. when I needed to press a button once of twice (depending on the setting) to reset trip A now I have to navigate a menu system - which can't be easily done while driving. While reading the manual was mostly just for entertainment purposes in the past now it is a must - and it helps to have some IT experience too.

What is l the latest on your Guerrilla?
Recommended or not?
40BHP is starting to sound good and even better perhaps with a different Cam.

Got to exactly 500km when I stopped in front of my dealership - only a German can show up for service that precisely LOL
But then again, the dealership had no power the entire day - the generator is down and the new one is ordered but only one of their gods knows when it will arrive. Clash of civilizations I guess. "come back tomorrow" was their response.

The vibrations still make my fingers numb, even with foam grips - the Meteor definitely is more comfortable in that respect, even as 500cc.
When the traffic flows the engine is fun to drive - passing slower vehicles is a breeze BUT if traffic gets slowed down below 20kmh the pain starts, its basically clutch work all the time because the engine has no elasticity. I even killed it a few times when trying to accelerate from slow speed.
On a 50km ride I needed to shake out my hands several times, while I ride my Hima (and the Meteor) for hours - without need to attend to stiff and numb fingers.
The chassis is very well tuned. However, holes in the road are more directly felt - compared to the old Hima.
I went up to 120 kmh and it felt very stable. That is with 2 panniers and heavy stuff in them.

The engine tends to get HOT very fast. Unless the traffic flows freely the fan is running basically all the time, that with 28-30 C outside.
That is one reason why I doubt there will be big bore sets (or maybe someone will offer them but whoever buys them will run into thermal problems quite fast unless he lives in Alaska).

The small tank is a pain - now even short day trips require watching the fuel indicator like a hawk. And as mentioned before, resetting TRIP1 navigating thru the menu is a pain too.
I guess I will have to think about doing something about this - it could just be 2 five liter Jerry Cans attached to the carriers (but I hate to play with fuel) or the more expensive and time consuming cutting, de-painting in & outside of the tank, then adding some 5 cm to its height and re-welding and re-painting everything. This plan may come to nought due to lack of fuel proof paints here in India (for the inside after welding).
Maybe I just live with it. I am kind of used to tank stops every 200km - my BMW 1100 was using so much fuel when running 190 on the autobahn, it also needed refueling every 200km.

If I were 10 years older I'd clearly keep the Meteor and sell the Gorilla. Alas, I am not quite there yet. I may just keep both.

The Gorilla got his water cooler protection shield - which RE only sells in silver so I have applied a lot of heat resistant black spray paint. Looks MUCH better.
The fog lights where attached on to the crash bar and a second mobile holder (to supervise the Helmet cam so it does not just film the sky like it happened during our last tour).

Black should look better, the pic I saw of the silver cover made the radiator look even bigger and did not improve the looks.

Back