TPMS

Dool

Backyard Bodger
Staff member
Distributor
Developer
477 Owner
A while back I installed a TPMS that included a USB outlet and displayed Voltage and of course displayed in big numbers the like of 2.1 and 2.2 bar.
Friggen awesome I thought. Not that I heve ever used the Outlet! 🙃 .
Each Valve stem gets a unit fitted that is powered by a button battery ( CR 1362 )
Time goes on and im still seeing 2.1 2.2, great investment Im thinking and everyone should do what Im doing🤪.
But eventually I see scalloping on the Front Tyre, the penny drops! how long do the button batteries last?
Pretty sure they should be replaced annually and seem to recall reading something like that in the silly instructions, but that was over 2 years ago.
Anyhow I replaced the batteries and reinstalled them making sure I didnt get them mixed, I wouldnt like to get a Flat front Tyre and Think it was the Rear:ROFLMAO:.
Still reads 2.1 and 2.2 and will so until I go for a Ride when the centrifugal switch cuts in and the signal is sent, thats the Theory anyhow😎

i have a slightly used set 4 sale if anyone wants to take the risk.

So with new batteries and have previously pumped up the tyres off I went sure enough there is a change in temp and pressure, so glad I have this system and that I have a pump as well.
Moral of the story, change the Battery 😁 and perhaps don't overly trust technology.

Attachments

• IMG_20230207_162621.jpg
    IMG_20230207_162621.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20230207_170045.jpg
    IMG_20230207_170045.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 57
Buy a pump as well and check monthly :unsure:

Back