HT-b cam - improved version

My list too; I even started a New Thread to keep track of things and have my stoopid questions answered...
Bob

In a few weeks there will be a new version of the HT-b available which retains the performance parameters (see Dool's dyno run) but also sports a decompressor which the current model does not have.
The opinions on the decompressor are somewhat split. Some (I for one) think the decomp is more of a curse than a help. It can fail in a way that the bike wont run (no compression) - and should the starter motor "hang" on a piston near TDC a little jiggle in any gear (even first) usually solves that problem and the bike starts on second try (at least it does with my 3 bikes all of which have the decompressor-less HT-b cam).
But it is correct that the bike will ALWAYS start on first push of the button if a decompressor is present. So choose your poison ...

@sam2019 newer HT-b version will then be, performance-wise, on par with the current one? No improvement?

I spoke with Nisar about this today. He reiterated that he would be offering several Versions, but he didn't state any specifications, or comment on what they were meant for. (I had told him earlier that I wanted the CAM's performance directed at the Lower RPM range. Maybe there are others that want Highway Speeds?).

He said that they were out for Hardening and would he'd ship mine out in a week. He also said that they'd be put into a bike and tested... (Sunday he was @the Track so I know he's got access to a go fast place...).
Bob

@sam2019 newer HT-b version will then be, performance-wise, on par with the current one? No improvement?
well, I am quite content with the improvement over the stock cam. any further improvement would likely be at the cost of low torque. but what do I know. Dool tells me it requires German technology to make a better cam. I doubt that very much. its not rocket science (I mean the machining part, the engineering part may be a different story).

well, I am quite content with the improvement over the stock cam. any further improvement would likely be at the cost of low torque. but what do I know. Dool tells me it requires German technology to make a better cam. I doubt that very much. its not rocket science (I mean the machining part, the engineering part may be a different story).
I respectfully disagree. Not all machining shops are created equal, otherwise you'd be making precision mechanical clock in India instead of Switzerland. Anyhow, let's wait and see what these new iterations bring to the table...

I respectfully disagree. Not all machining shops are created equal, otherwise you'd be making precision mechanical clock in India instead of Switzerland. Anyhow, let's wait and see what these new iterations bring to the table...
of course BUT as we can see in the example of the TEC cam which had obvious production flaws yet still gave good results the difference is in the design and not the execution.

the marks on the TEC Cam were caused by a part of the process and they were all ground on an everyday type of Cam grinding machine, they have the same overall look as the Hitch regrind the stock and the H-T b because they are done on that style of Cam Grinder, the "flaws" had no relevance as the Rockers employ Rollers.
Rocket science is so easy to understand I suppose, even Elon does it😁 and I'm sure he has a high IQ also, I would not take his word on the Cam but perhaps if I knew somebody who obviously knew more than me about Cams I would listen to them?

Well looky what I just got a picture of:

Attachments

• New ONX CAM.jpg
    New ONX CAM.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 77
slot for decomp, but have to use decomp parts from oem cam

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230217-120004_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230217-120004_Gallery.jpg
    654 KB · Views: 71
The HT-c cam (let's call it that) has a slot for a decompressor but comes without it. People who want to keep it must take it off the stock cam and fit it to the HT-c. On top of that there should be the following changes aka improvements: (Indian English)

B type cam is modified degree to reduce vibration sound and increase more torque

I ordered 2, one of which will be put into the 500cc carby - with decomp in place.

Although not directly involved in the manufacture, I think I can say that the Cam will be the same as one I have here and have tested to good effect.
It would be the one on the far right you can see it has Duration by the size of the lobe ( its big and Fat ) now compare to the far left where the lobes are noticeably slimmer.

Attachments

• IMG_20230203_222227_resized_20230206_125702101.jpg
    IMG_20230203_222227_resized_20230206_125702101.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 84
I am more interested in the decomp option than any possible increase in torque. The HT-b already does well in that respect.
Some people just do not like the jiggeling of the bike that is sometimes needed without decomp.

Jiggeling, you have captured it !

Pain in the arse it is. I have, although experienced it in lower compression builds as well.

The Culprit is also the shitty starter system, but High Compression does not help.

The Decompressor is not the system I would like but to say it is proven is enough.

I would like a manual decomp:(

I am more interested in the decomp option than any possible increase in torque. The HT-b already does well in that respect.
Some people just do not like the jiggeling of the bike that is sometimes needed without decomp.
I remember it being said by others that "we found that it didnt need the decomp because of the duration" , I bet it is costly to make and that was a consideration at the time also, we shall see:cool:

Last edited:
Digging up the old thread here to see what others have to say about the Newest b Cam...

I'll begin: it's Noisy! Either that our I did a poor job at setting my Clearances!? Anyone find the same?
The Torque Curve is...Interesting. I'm not sure what to make of it but it doesn't seem Linear. What I'm trying to communicate is that the power doesn't come on in a predicted manner, like starting in at 2500rmp then ramping up all the way to...whatever, say 6500. IT SEEMS TO ME that the power comes on, then dissipates, then comes on again. Sometimes if I'm in a higher gear then this seems to throw in more variables. (Still not a good explanation of what I'm feeling.) Then Sometimes it behaves just as I would think it should?? Weird. Nothing TOO Bizarre, just not the Linear response I've felt in the past. Now I'm Really Curious as to how our MAP is responding to this newest Cam. I've got a feeling that if put on a Dyno we could use the Data to work out something special! Heck, it's already Special, so, mo better!!
Related:
I was in the position to use my buddies BS3 Himalayan for a few days last week while I found the time to R&R my cylinder Head with 6mm HeliCoils. (Did a bunch of other work to it to that various 'mechanics' around here had screwed up. They even stole my Iridium Plug!) The Ride (YSS), The Power, the Over-all experience of riding my bike is SO Different, So Good now, that all of these difficult days of working out the kinks has Really paid off. I'm pretty close to calling the bike World Class! (especially taking into account it's humble origin).

BTW I replaced my Plug with a NKG CR9EIX, which is 1 or 2 points Colder than the typical 7 or 8 Series. My bike is running cooler, for sure as it's 41c now and I can for sure tell, but also I haven't change a thing and the bike is starting with just a touch of the starter, no throttle, and idles perfectly! That's a first! I'll put in a hotter plug when cooler weather comes around again...
Bob

Its designated as "C"
3 and 9 thou tight should be best for the Noise. Noise may be less tomorrow! Your ears adjust when you sleep :unsure:
Power delivery is def related to the Mapping, you need to do a dyno run with Partialized Throttle runs to collect the Data or you can try the AFR approach.
My newest build starts like a Pig but then flies up to 7500 like a skinny Pig on Steroids.
Riding a stock 411 must be a Humbling experience I can live without.

Back